We only have a few biker pitches available for traders wishing to display at this year’s Hoggin The Bridge on Sunday 13th October.
It’s less than 2 weeks to go until thousands of motorbikers on a variety of bikes, trikes and scooters thunder across the Severn Bridge raising money for Hoggin The Bridge.
Continue reading “Less than 2 weeks until the epic event!”
Hoggin The Bridge have partnered up with local taxi firm Ed’s Taxis, to be able to provide a shuttle bus service as part of HogFest.
We are looking for volunteers to help us make sure that the event is a safe and enjoyable weekend for everyone.
We have lots of different roles available, from Road Marshalling, Car Parking, Bike Parking, Stall Set up, Litter Picks, General Volunteering and more.
Its a fantastic event for our volunteers to be involved with and provides a great sense of help and achievement for everyone involved. HTB relies almost solely on volunteers, with over 70 needed across the weekend as cliche as it sounds, it simply wouldn’t happen without kind folk giving up their time for charities across Wales and the UK.
Please can you complete the form below if you are available and would like to offer your time. We can offer food vouchers and drinks for all of our volunteers across the weekend.
Advance warning notices for Hoggin The Bridge on Sunday October 13th.
The route for 2019 has been published, following the same route as 2018. The route is marked out with yellow signage boards, usually located on lamp posts and junctions.
- Leave Brightside Services at 11am, following the lead biker.
- Merge with the M48 Motorway at Junction 1 (passing through what was the tolls)
- Cross the Severn Bridge, not forgetting to wave to everyone stood on the pathways
- Leave the M48 at Junction 2, and take the 3rd exit towards Chepstow on the A466
- At Larkfield roundabout, take the first left onto the A48, towards Caldicot.
- At Parkwall roundabout (Indian Empire) take the 2nd exit towards Newport, continuing on the A48.
- Follow on the A48, taking care at the two speed camera located in Caerwent and Langstone!!
- Turn left before the New Inn pub at Langstone onto the B4245 – signposted Magor and Caldicot.
- At the traffic lights with InBev Brewery, continue straight on towards Caldicot
- Continue down the B4245 until the main crossroads in Caldicot, Turn Left onto Newport Road
- Follow Newport road around the town centre to the Sandy Lane Roundabout
- Take the 2nd Exit onto Chepstow road and follow to the next T-Junction.
- Turn left at the Deepweir Motel, back onto the B4245.
- At the Castlegate Business park roundabout, take the first exit to continue on the B4245.
- Turn left at crick road where you will be directed by marshals into the David Broome Event Centre and to the parking area.
Hoggin The Bridge 2019 is going to be Epic! Even more so, when your tickets are free!
With just under 3 weeks left we wanted to give one very lucky person who has preordered a refund, of up to £50 against orders completed through our website www.hoggin-the-bridge.co.uk
Anyone who has placed an order before Sunday 15th September at 11:59pm will be entered into the draw to win a refund of up to £50 off your order. Full T&C’s below.
If you have already purchased your tickets, your already entered and dont need to do anything else, if you havent, there is still time for you to purchase tickets. dont miss out! book now!
- Competition open until 23:59pm on Sunday 15th September.
- All orders will be entered into the prize draw to win up to £50 off their total order.
- Max refund amount £50 off any orders placed.
- No cash alternative available
- No change will be given on orders under £50.
- £50 refund eligible on anything purchased on the website in a single transaction.
- You are eligible to make multiple transactions, however you will only be refunded on one transaction of the highest value, should you win.
- Winner will be chosen at random using computerised software on Monday September 16th and will be recorded and posted live on our facebook page.
Funding applications open on September 1st 2019 to apply for a portion of the funds raised from this years Hoggin The Bridge Event
This exciting annual event has grown dramatically since its launch back in 2000 and is set to be its biggest ever event taking place over 3 days in October 2019.
Caldicot Town Team are thrilled to be working with the Hoggin The Bridge Committee to run this amazing annual event. The committee are a voluntary community group working to regenerate Caldicot and the wider area. The ethos of the ride is exactly the same as it has always been, to raise money for worthwhile charities in the local area, whilst enjoying the atmosphere of thousands of fellow bikers.
The event is organised by a large group of passionate, committed community members. The overall event is run by over 70 volunteers, who work tirelessly behind the scenes along the bike route and at Aust services, where the ride starts.
The bikes all parked up at The David Broome Event Centre.
The event starts on Friday 11th October with a live comedy evening in our Comedy Barn. Britians Got Talent Winner Robert White will be making the crowds laugh, along with supporting act Roscco McCelland, before returning to your camping area on site at The David Broome Event Centre as part of our weekend package deal.
As you wake up on Saturday 12th October you are perfectly located to go and explore the gorgeous Wye Valley or Forest of Dean on your bike, taking in the wonderful sites while the wind blows through your hair, or stay local and visit the historic grounds of Caldicot Castle, just next door, before returning to site to see rock band Maddison perform their best hits along with supporting acts, those who have booked the weekend package are lucky enough to be able to roll back to their pitch at the end of the night, ‘probably a little worse for wear!’
On Sunday make your way over to Brightside Insurance Group to join thousands of fellow bikers and enjoy a hearty breakfast roll and a good laugh with bikers before the ride starts at 11am. After crossing the iconic Severn Bridge, you will follow the ride through local villages and soak up the view and atmosphere of hundreds and hundreds of spectators along the route, clapping hands and handing out Jelly Babies! Meet back at the David Broome event centre and browse through our trader village, Market Village, enjoy hot food and bouncy castles, see the bikes entered into the bike show and relax on site before watching a fabulous performance by Jamie Squibb, Freestyle Motocross Stunt Show to finish this brilliant event, all in aid of Wales Air Ambulance and local and national charitable groups.
The entire weekend is open to the public, tickets are available online below, or from Country Flowers in Caldicot town centre.
Tickets are available online for the whole weekend, with ticket prices starting at just £10. visit www.hoggin-the-bridge.co.uk for more information or to book your place.